1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic Problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gunnerone, Feb 19, 2005.

1. gunnerone

gunnerone Member

Hi,
    I just got a new Swap Magic ver 3.3 that I'm trying to get to work. I tried backing up a game (Champions: Return to Arms) with DVD Decrypter. I used Iso->Read and then Iso->Write at 2x to a DVD-R.
    So here's what happens. I load up the Swap Magic, then I use the slide card to put in the game. If I press X to Load the game it comes up with the- Please insert a PS2 Disc message. If I press O, back at the Swap Magic screen, for special boot it just shows a black screen and sits there.
    I've tried backing up a DVD to the same DVD-R discs like the FAQ suggests and it loads fine. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Does the PS2 make funny Noises?

Chances Are, Your Not doing the slide properly.
    And, I find I get MORE coasters if I burn at 2x than 1x

Try burning the game at 1x then do the slide properly [http://www.success-hk.com/manual/slide-tool/index.htm] try that if you need instructions.

Also, Special Boot is for booting up imports. Set the Video Mode Of your region then use the special boot (Square)

;)

3. gunnerone

gunnerone Member

Alright, Thanks for you suggestions. I've made a little progress. I tried using Swap Magic with the original Champions:Return to Arms disc and it gave me the same outcome as before. So I was thinking maybe I wasn't doing the slide card right. So just to be sure I tried using Swap Magic with another original disc, Final Fantasy X. But this one loaded fine. So it seems to be a problem with the game Champions: Return to Arms, I've tried slide carding it several times doing it exactly the same way I did FFX, but to no avail.
    With a little more research I found the site www.swapmagicfix.com which lists this game but is that just for swap magic 2.0? Also how do I go about using this? Thanks again

4. gunnerone

gunnerone Member

Alright I got it all figured out. I just needed to use a CDLoader with this game to get it working. Thanks for the help.

5. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

special boot isn't just for imports. if regular boot doesn't work, always try special boot; it's worked for me many times.