1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by l92l, Feb 21, 2007.

1. l92l

l92l Member

I hope someone can help. I just got swap magic and tried to use it...I could not got my ps2 to read the game, but that is another problem for another time. After giving up I tried to load the original game back in the system. I get the game all the way cued up to where it asks me to press the start button to continue but the game console does not seem to recognize that I'm hitting the start button. I've tried this with a couple of different games now and I have the same problem. Yesterday before I loaded swap magic I had no problem, after swap magic I'm not sure whats going on. I tried a couple of different controllers as well just to make sure it wasn't the controller. I'm sure I'm just overlooking something, can anyone help?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

what other mod are you useing, swap magic by itself can not play back up discs. It could be that other mod causing problems if it is not installed quite right.

3. Rex2400

Rex2400 Member

Hmm.. Sounds weird..It depends on what PS2 you got.. The big black one, or the little slimline.. Try cleaning your PS2, you can find a guide somewhere here..

If you want your games 2 work, just pop the game in the DVD-ROM rive and make an image of the DVD with either Alcohol 120 or Nero.. Then burn the DVD with IMGburn at 8x speed..

I had a little trouble myself with playing Backups when i first got the SwapMagic.. Just use your imagination.. It aint that hard :)