1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap magic, ps2 slims and dual layer discs

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Drjakob, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Drjakob

Drjakob Member

So I was wondering why my ps2 slim won't even play a non burnt dual layer disc.

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

swap magic doesnt boot dual layer anything.

3. Drjakob

Drjakob Member

but it's an original copy of god of war 1 and 2 and i'm not loading it with swap magic.

4. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

i dont think u r the only one. a few ppl have said their slim ps2 cant / wont load gow 1 or 2 genuine discs. some say any dual layer disc aswell.

at the moment, i havent seen any solution to the problem. if unmodded slim ps2. and not playing genuine dual lyer game, i'd day ring up sony and bitch top them. there has to be some reason y.

maybe laser focus adjustment is out??

5. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

I also have this problem. After about 2 years of humble service to me with Swap Magic, my PS2 absolutely refuses to load ANY dual-layer discs. It won't load my original God Of War, and it also won't load any dual-layer movie.....

I feel like it might be a laser problem, but I have no clue. I wonder if anyone has any insight as to what it could be...