1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SWap magic question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by buddog03, Apr 10, 2005.

1. buddog03

buddog03 Guest

Why recently has my swap magic taken a couple tries to get started up. When ever i turn on my ps2 put it in and push the button to make the tray go back in, once its in it says please enter in a playstation or playstation 2 disc, then when i turn the system off completly with swap magic in, and turn it on it boots fine. Is something going wrong with my swap magic disc or my laser or my ps2?

2. freshn

freshn Member

Hi dude,

You have to use a slide card to open the tray.

3. buddog03

buddog03 Guest

no shiat, i said why am i getting the please enter a playstation or playstation 2 cd, like right when you turn on your ps2, put in swap magic, and it says that, is my laser going out? Its the screen like if y ou just put in a burned game without booting it with swap magic

4. alanld

alanld Guest

So let me understand...you said that when you put the swap magic into your playstation sometimes it boots and sometimes you get RSOD? Does this happen with your other games? If its just happening with the swap magic disc, I would say it might be getting wore out or dirty. If its doing that with all your games, then the laser might be getting weak. How long have you had it? What version is it? I'll give you a tip...when my friend's playstation starting doing that because of a weak laser, sometimes it would help if he sat the playstation up on its side. If you already have it on its side, try setting it on its bottom. I'm not sure why that helps, but in his case it did.