1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic Reliability

Discussion in 'PS2' started by conny119, Mar 8, 2004.

1. conny119

conny119 Guest

is swap magic reliable or is it a load of crap

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

its the best thing if you dont want to install a modchip. very reliable. and yes it does work.

3. conny119

conny119 Guest

what about the slide tool or should i go for the flip top

4. jpbsarris

jpbsarris Member

I have just recently tried Swap Magic with the flip top and have yet to make a game copy that will work 100%. Some will play but will freeze at times, others will just not load at all, others will not go beyond the first level. I'm using khypermedia DVD-R discs. I'd like to hear from others that are using Swap Magic for ideas.

5. conny119

conny119 Guest

if their is any marks on the orignal disk their will be problem with the backup game

6. jpbsarris

jpbsarris Member

As far as I know the original discs are in good shape. I have tried 6 games now and none will run properly.

7. conny119

conny119 Guest

it could be the spped u r burning at with ur next game try burning it at the slowest speed possible and use dvd decrypter

8. conny119

conny119 Guest

it could be the spped u r burning at with ur next game try burning it at the slowest speed possible and use dvd decrypter

9. conny119

conny119 Guest

10. conny119

conny119 Guest

11. conny119

conny119 Guest

with ur next game try burning it at the slowest speed possible and use dvd decrypter

12. conny119

conny119 Guest

with ur next game try burning it at the slowest speed possible and use dvd decrypter

13. conny119

conny119 Guest

14. Xian

Xian Regular member

I have found the swap magic/fliptop combo to be very reliable. I have been using it for 9 months and everything I have backed up has worked, though a few did need cd loader as well.

If your games are freezing or not booting I would try different media. I am not familiar with khypermedia DVD-R, I always use Ritek G04 and have had only a single failure in the past 9 months and it worked on the 2nd attempt. I always use DVD Decrypter. I haven't bothered to try anything else since it has worked for every PS2 game so far. I use Nero for DVD Video.

15. conny119

conny119 Guest

ave u herd of datawrite

16. kemouse

kemouse Member

I've also had good experiences with swapmagic. The only problems I've encountered were with double disk check games, and you can get around that with dvdloader. I've used Nero to burn with and I use the lowest read and write settings I can. I'd rather it get done right than a little faster. I've also used some cheapo princo dvd-r disks from compusa, tdk and a +r imation.

17. account

account Guest

ok i have read this thread and have noticed a few things not quite correct.

1. go for the fliptop it's easier than the slide card
    2. it is very reliable the only thing is that it is a hastle to switch the games everytime you want to play
    3. it can play ALL games with the right equipment
    4. there is no soldering

and there are still many reasons why the swap magic is reliable

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

18. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

he's right flip top and swap magic are a match made in heaven. i use it all the time and it works great, ofcourse they are some games that are double check that need cdloader or v9-v10 dvd loader. imagine swaping a double check game with a slide card.. that will wear and tear your ps2 in a quickness, go for the fliptop, its easy to install all you need is a phillips screwdriver and commonsense. but to answer your question about swapmagic reliability ill answer you with a big YES! go for it, both work dvd version and cd version
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 v7
    fliptop & swap magic disk
    tdk 420n 2.4x-4x dvd+r writer
    memorex-TDk-FujiFilm-Imation-Philips(+r media) recordnow max v4.50-Alcohol 120%-dvd decrypter
    www.swapmagicfix.com-www.ps2ownz.com[/small]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2004
  19. conny119

conny119 Guest

thanks, i've ordered my flip top and smd