1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic SUCKS

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by OhSoIns, Feb 15, 2007.

1. OhSoIns

OhSoIns Member

Seriously I am freaking pissed off, it pisses me off everytime:

Tool C, everytime i gotta move it to make the discs work. Games work perfect sometimes, other times they take LONG TO LOAD. What The Fcuk? no seriously, i am really pissed. High quality media, high quality burner, lowest speed, and this? really, cant be the lens ps2 is 1 month old, SO SLOW LOADING TIMES, seriosuly, if I were you I would reconsider this swap magic b/s, got for 30+10 for shipping my friends got a solder modchp for 100 from chinatown and I gotta tell you, with their results, I am willing to pay 60 MORE.

2. UnKn0wN15

UnKn0wN15 Member

im guessing you need to clean your lens...

3. AngelusX

AngelusX Member

I use swap magic with a flip top mod and I have yet to have an issue with a backup or import. It's either your crappy system, bad media, a crap burner, or a combination of one of the aforementioned.

4. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

I had alot of trouble to, i sent them back and modded mine had no problems since

5. dazila

dazila Regular member

This is funny you dont know what you are doing?
    May I ask how do you know your Burner is high Quality?
    Use good media like ritek others work aswell (Princo,TDk) they work but are wear out your laser I wouldnt say so ive used princo and ritek only princo in my 5 year old fat ps2 and havent chnaged laser one time and of all the games its played 90% were Princos'.
    Burn them at 4x For best Rsult use -R not +R unless your burner can booktype to -ROM using a +R.
    Update your burners Firmware
    For tool C im thinking it might be magic Keys 2 get some Blu-Tak (The sticky plasteline type reusable adshive thing) Stick it on the botton of the top of tool C slowly get the irght position ahve your ps2 on so when its right the laser will move in once you see it move in and stay push down and it will stay due to the adshive thats how mine has been for 12months now.

Swap Magic is good nothing is good unless you know how to use it a PC is no good when you dont know how to operate it but if you do its one of the best things.

6. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I highly doubt you know what you're talking about. If you wanted to prove a point, wouldn't it have been nicer to have a little clarification of what it is you've been doing and some justification of just how high quality the equipment you are using is? Just because you state you are using a high quality product doesn't necessarily mean it is. Now, it could actually be your PS2 but that would mean you have been playing with it for an insane amount of time to deteriorate it to that point if what you say is true. And what PS2? How good is your hardware? And such and such questions follow. Being clear would be nice to understand the issue at hand.

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I use magic keys II, ps2 slim v14 with swap magic 3.8 and have yet to have any problems with it.

I agree you need to be more specific with your problems. Someone could then help you out better.

The tools need to be in place and stuck properly, there are threads with guides here that can help you.

8. k9gmilly

k9gmilly Member

its your media. that explains it what type are you using? better yet read this

9. Tru_dz

Tru_dz Member

lol ur ps2 suks

10. dazila

dazila Regular member

Well that explains alot about yourself.
    Insulting people wont do anything on a forum no one cares if you are Hard I really think hard people are stupid in real life and ive dealt with some and to me they arent hard this is a forum where you help people or get help not go around insulting.

11. Tenshi68

Tenshi68 Member

my swap works fine!!! just wtch your lens!!!

12. jolimule

jolimule Member

nothing works better than swap magic
    so now you know.

13. live2fast

live2fast Member

swap magic 4 president!

14. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

I NEED HELP BAD IF ANY CAN DO SO..I RECIEVED THE SWAP DISC V3.6 TODAY AND I CAN'T GET TO SEEM TO WORK THERE WAS 2 DISC'S IN THE SET DVD & CD ONE WITH 3 LITTLE PARTS ALSO..I MAYBE DOIN SOMETHING WRONG.I GOT THE PS2 SLIM V12..MODEL I BACKED UP A GAME WITH DVD DECRYTER AS A ISO FILE AND BURNED IT TO A DISC AT 2X THE SPEED AS IT SAID HERE'S THE SITE..I GOT IT FROM BELOW IF ANY ONE CAN HELP SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE..THANK YOU

http://www.modchipstore.com/Slim-Tool-Swap-Magic-3-Combo-V12-PS2-slim-console-16261.html

15. duzmi

duzmi Member

Tell my 132 backups that then mate, cos they all work perfectly with SM3.6 and flip top

16. Tru_dz

Tru_dz Member

i dont understand why people just dont get the fliptop it only a few pounds more

17. steimy

steimy Active member

I just read this because i liked the title.
    And Swap Magic does suck.

It is a cheap start for most people, but anyone serious about backing up games or any true gamer would get a quality mod chip installed.

18. live2fast

live2fast Member

@steimy

everyone of your posts usually has useful information and is very helpful; however that last post is just plain obnoxious and misleading.

swap magic with fliptop or magic keys work with no problems and is the exact same thing.

19. steimy

steimy Active member

"swap magic with fliptop or magic keys work with no problems and is the exact same thing."

True, but neither one will ever give you the functions or ease of use that a quality mod chip will.
    My useful information is save your money and have a mod chip install and use those Swap Discs as frisbee's for you dog.

let me make it easier:
    1. Swap Magic requires swapping of discs, a mod chip doesn't
    2. Swap Magic can not play DVD9 back ups, a mod chip can
    3. Swap Magic requires rebuilding of some games and special loading proceedures with others using discs like zoneloader, a mod chip doesn't
    4. A good modchip will have support to run a hard drive and a built in ELF loader for homebrew applications like media players and exploits.
    5. Crystal Chip V2.0 will even auto patch games for online play so no more need to manually patch them.
    6. Swap Magic almost always has a little screen cut off when playing games from other regions, not with a modchip.
    7. Swap magic is a royal pain to use when loading a back up game with cheats using a cheat disc. Not a problem with a modchip, in fact DMS4 Pro even has a cheat device built right in.

there is really no comparing the two.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  20. live2fast

live2fast Member

1. true
    2. there is hardly any games that use dvd9 and 99% of the ones that do can be put on a dvd5 with rebuilding.
    3. true, if you don't know how to use a computer swap magic is not your best bet.
    4. so can swap magic with computer knowledge.
    5. windip has to be one of the easiest programs to use.... again more computer knowledge is neccesary
    6. true, even on games with screen positioning =/
    7. i wouldn't know because cheating on a videogame is almost as pathetic as beating retards.

a internal modchip is definitely the way to go if you don't mind voiding your warranty, and do not have knowledge with computers.