1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap magic trouble...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Raider49, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Raider49

Raider49 Member

I bought the swap magic disk set that comes with the dvd and cd version plus the slide card, when i do all the steps and press x the screen freezes up and a red border comes up, i was wondering what im doing wrong, am i using the wrong kind of blank disks, DVD+R is what im using, or i also heard some games need a patch if thats the problem where do i get them, and how do i use them?? the game is MVP baseball 2004 if that helps

2. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

That game doen't need cd loader, but what version is your PS2, only version 5 and up can play DVD+R, so if yours is a V4 or lower that why. Or like me i was gettin the red border as well with my swapmagic, until i raised the laser to read my DVD-R, now they all boot.

3. Raider49

Raider49 Member

My ps2 has the number SCPH-3001 which means its version 5/6, how do you raise the laser??

4. 100%legit

100%legit Guest

i have a version 4 and when it red the bored it mets you are swaping it wrong the game in

5. 100%legit

100%legit Guest

it doesnt matter what version of ps2 you have? to do the swap magic trick to load a game up of dvd r and cd r. if red comes up on the srceen it is called bad media you can look it up at www.mod-chip.com

6. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Well mabey it's my v4 laser gettin old and coudln't read through the "Ritek g04 DVD-R" which arn't bad media, like the most popular brand for PS2 backups, and i wasn't swaping wrong, i did my studying before attempting for the first time, after i raised it, bam! games boot right away no more red border.

Also if your using Swapmagic 3.0 it's ment for DVD-R ps2 dvd games, however the new Swapmagic 3.2 plays both -/+, if you have 3.0 and trying to play with the DVD+R thats what the problem is, sorry i forgot to mention that in the first place : /

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  7. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004