1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap magic v2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by barc, Jan 6, 2004.

1. barc

barc Member

I have the swap magic cd boot disk v2
    It seems that I can only use the program with a CDR
    Question: if I burn the swap magic file on a DVD, can I in this case play DVD ps2 backups ?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

there are two versions of swap magic a cd version thats used to boot cd based game and cd loader and a dvd version thats used to boot dvd based games.A burned ar backup copy of either (dvd or cd)version wont self boot just like your backup games it would need an orignal swap magic boot disc or a no swap mod chip to load also if you burnt swap magic cd backup to a dvdr it still wont boot dvd games for these discs to work corectly you need to use the orignal pressed versions

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

sounds like you only have the cd. if you use cd loader with the swap magic cd, you can boot ps2 dvd-r backups.

4. barc

barc Member

Thanks for your answer ! Another thing: I' dont have the original CD. It's a download from internet.
    I have a 'iso' file from the CD and a 'bin, cue' file from the CD. Is it possible that It is impossible to burn the CD ??????

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

yes you can burn it to a cdr but it wont self boot just like your backup games to get your backup of swap magic to boot you will need to use an orignal pressed(not burnt) boot disc eg game shark/action replay or orignal swap magic cd or an internal no swap mod chip