1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic V3.3 stopped working

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bcm2578, Mar 15, 2005.

1. bcm2578

bcm2578 Member

I am obviously new to Afterdawn so please bear with me. I have searched the forums first before posting but I haven't found the solution to the following issue:
    I was playing a back up Fight Night 2 when it suddenly froze. I tried starting the whole swapping process again, but now all I get is a black screen. I've tried using other back up disks as well, but none of them work now. Anyone encounter a similar problem? I have the original PS2, V1. Thanks!

2. twinkel

twinkel Regular member

can u still load and play retail games, i dont know nothin bout swap magic, but u said your ps2 is v1 console (little bit old) maybe its the console...

3. bcm2578

bcm2578 Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention that everything else works on the console like dvd's (backed up on same type of media - TDK DVD-R) and original PS2 games.

4. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Either your laser has burnt out, or it just needs adjusting.

If it HAS burnt out, then don't fret. They are easily replaced. If it's just a disc read error, then go here. arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars
    ;)

- Mike

ps. Make sure you are burning at a slow speed yet burning at your media supported speeds.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  5. bcm2578

bcm2578 Member

Thanks for everyone's input...although, I have yet to try adjusting the laser due to lack of time. I did make sure to burn everything at 1x so I'm guessing I just have to adjust the laser to its "sweet spot".

6. bcm2578

bcm2578 Member

I finally had the time to take everyone's advice and now everything works! Actually, the PS2 runs a lot quieter. Thanks again to everyone who gave me input.

7. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Glad you got it sorted out ;)

-Mike