1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic v3.3 - Very Slow Load Times??

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Wallyman, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Wallyman

Wallyman Member

PS2 is just over a year old (V7 or 9, I forget which), just got SM3.3 this week, testing backups of TOCA2 and Getaway Black Monday, created with DVD Decrypter, burned onto questionable DVD-R media, burned at a forced 1x speed.

Load time for TOCA is 1m55s from tiem I hit square till the Dolby logo starts.

Load time for Getaway Black Monday is 2m30s from time I hit X till you see the loading symboly in bottom right.

I've got some TY media on it's way, and will reburn both to try it, but waiting like this is insane. I've had zero other problems with any other game (originals), all load quick like they should, so I question a laser issue, but who knows. The whole time durign the wait you can here it spinning up/down and doing stuff.

Is the crap media my problem?

Wallyman

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yep, most likely your media.

3. HaloPimp

HaloPimp Member

burn your backups on dvd+ and that will resolve the problem , V7 + work better with dvd+

4. riconomor

riconomor Member

It's all to do with the media, i'm not sure it's the DVD+R needed, just decent quality DVD-R.

BTW, i'm new to these forums but do have experience with backing up games.

5. riconomor

riconomor Member

Everyone talks about Verbatim being good dvd media, i just bought some Samsung "pleomax" dvd-r and these sorted this problem for me, before hand i was using Infiniti dvd-r and they were loading but only after about 2 mins of strange laser noises!

6. Wallyman

Wallyman Member

Media was the problem.. bought some Taiyo Yuden -R discs and 10+ games are working great using SM3.3

Have a new problem now, PAL to NTSC.. working on a thread right now, hope I get as good of answers on this one! You guys rock, without a doubt.

Wallyman