1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic V3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by L-Burna, Nov 9, 2003.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I heard that they have the Swap Magic V3 out for PAL systems.I was wondering what games can boot for instance True Crime Streets of LA for V7 users.If it boots for a PAL system does this mean it would work for NTSC systems.Peace L-Burna

2. xxBIGJxx

xxBIGJxx Guest

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I'm not talking about the NTSC version I am talking about the PAL version,because the discs for the NTSC and PAL version shouldn't be that different.I heard off of ps2ownz that the PAL discs are out both of em.I just wanted to know if there was anybody with a PAL system that has Swap Magic V3 discs and a V7 ps2 if True Crime Streets of LA worked with those discs.If it does that means the NTSC version should work with True Crime Streets of LA.Peace L-Burna

4. Entwined

Entwined Member

only the PAL 3.0 CD is out, its being sold with the 2.0 DVD. Also, its just shipping to sellers now, I don't think anyones gotten their hands on it yet. DVD versions are still being debugged, only PAL 3.0 CD is out at this point. If you actually read the whole entry on ps2ownz you would have known.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah but the Administrator then said 0.50 cents for the Dvd plus shipping and handling so what does that mean.I am thinking it has to be out soon or is out someway or another.It doesn't make sense for him to post that info.

6. xxBIGJxx

xxBIGJxx Guest

Entwined: If you actually read the whole entry on ps2ownz you would have known.

whats your problem. jerk

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Entwined:If you actually read the whole entry on ps2ownz you would have known.I did read the whole thing this is what I read so far.Swap Magic 3.0 post up by the Administrator:In addition to the previous post, we have now learned that Success (Swap Magic company) plans to sell the upcoming "TOC Disc" required to boot DVDRips using the 'TOC Refresh' feature of Swap Magic 3.0 CD for around $.50 US only, however, those who buy it will end up paying $6-7 for shipping for the near-FREE disc.

This decision makes little to NO sense to us, so we're currently determining whether a 'dummy' 702MB PS2 CDR image can be used in place of their "TOC Disc" just to utilize the Swap Magic 3.0's 'TOC Refresh' feature, or if the disc is also re-authenticated meaning it would have to be theirs (and pressed, not burned). More to come soon... I think I know how to read which you should probably touch up or should pull the bug out your ass when trying to make a smart ass comment.xxBIGJxx thanks for the help.Peace L-Burna

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

alright, you can read but you don't understand what you read. The DVD version is NOT out. The TOC disc is a cd that you use with the cd version of swap magic and it allows you to play ripped games that are over 650mb which is not allowed with the 2.0 version cd.

9. xxBIGJxx

xxBIGJxx Guest

Really, does not matter anyway. I have xx games and have no problems using v2.0. I dont do dvd rips anyway.

But NOW, maybe next week when I get my linksys network adapter and I cant go online... I may look further into this SMD v3 DVD hoping it has a DNAS or what ever crack on it. We'll see.

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The Administrator did say that the cd version of SM3 might be able to make the Dvd version.The cd version has the TOC refresh feature on it which is all the Dvd version needs added to.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  11. Entwined

Entwined Member

Ok, I moderate for one of the fliptop forums. The guy who is Admin for the forum said Swap Magic PAL 3.0 CD is out. This 702 or whatever MB CD they mentioned is to only boot games that were on DVD, then ripped to fit onto CD, will be sold seperately and is NOT related to the 3.0 DVD. As it stands, only the PAL 3.0 CD is out, this high TOC CD required to play rips over 632MB isn't out, and the DVD sure as hell isn't out.

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am thinking there is gonna be a cdloader that has this TOC refresh feature that will be able to boot the Dvd's.The SM3 discs when you use them this is what they state you put it in use a game with a high TOC (original) then it boots up games with high TOC.If this is what SM3 discs are then why can't a cdloader be made just to replace them.I'm not trying to be a dick but the statement I made makes a lil sense if you read it once again.I think a cdloader could replace the SM3 Dvd disc if the SM3 Cd disc is out(cdloader).

13. Entwined

Entwined Member

I'll be cool if you will, no more smart remarks on my part, forget that crap.

Theres a few problems with this idea, of no DVD Swap Magic (if thats what you're saying...correct me if I'm wrong?) being necesary. TOC Refresh means SM 3.0 will be able to work like CDLoader I believe, how you can change the TOC just by putting in a higher content disc. Biggest problem with this is...it doesn't say if its able to change modes to DVD. CDLoader will let you change to DVD mode, but thats freeware. Swap Magic is a commercial product and they will lose a LOT of money by doing that. They will make a shitload of cash if they were to release SM 3.0 CD, SM 3.0 DVD, and the TOC Refresh disc for the 3.0 CD in order to play ripped games. Its a fine idea, and in theory it can work, but its a question of what Success (Company who makes SM discs) decides on, and I'm guessing they are doing it to make as much $ as possible, hence why there is no 700MB Swap Magic CD, but rather a disc you can use in addition to the SM 3.0 CD. They want to sell everything they possibly can, which is why they are just selling 3.0 SM CD's with 2.0 DVD's, not alone. Its a shame they are operating like this, its the reason I said screw Swap Magic and just had a DMS3 installed into my PS2. No more disc swaps, no more worries.

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I don't blame you I'm beginning to think the same way.I might get a DMS3 only for the fact that Swap Magic seems like they can screw people.I heard the DMS3 is the best out with all the features on it that other mods don't have.The problem with a modchip I think though is they always have new chips out replacing the old flaws.I don't have any experience with soldering so I am not really sure if it would be wise for me to get one.If I got a premod I would be fine with that but if a newer one came out that works better than I would be kinda screwed right.I am mainly just pissed off with Swap Magic is all.Peace L-Burna

15. xxBIGJxx

xxBIGJxx Guest

I justgot this email FYI

>From: <sales@ps2cover.com>
    >To: "" <>
    >Subject: Re: ordering
    >Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:47:52 -0500
    >
    >Hi,
    >
    >There will be a v3 DVD, but we are not certain when that will happen
    >infuriately. So at this point, we can only offer the 3.0 CD and 2.0 DVD,
    >there is no firm release date on the 3.0 DVD disc.
    >
    >It would arrive to you in about 5-10 days time if you select airmail.
    >
    >

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The SM3 discs might not even be needed now since there is a new cdloaderv7_b51 out works with True Crime.The cdloader is gonna be the SM3 discs I bet.We all have to swap more discs but it will be the same thing soon.The best thing I can say is if you have a V7 or higher maybe you should look into getting SM3 only for the fact that it will play Gameshark2.The bad thing is you have to use a original game when using SM3 I just read it not that long ago.This just makes the SM3 discs just like the cdloader.Peace L-Burna

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  17. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The SM3 cd disc can be backed up with SM2.I have just now confirmed that it works.This means if you waited then you are smart for waiting.

18. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

L-Burna... how do you know SM3 will boot older versions of GS on a v7+? i've tried to do it with SM2 and it doesn't work. what's the difference?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2003
  19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I have the SM3 disc and I haven't tried it yet but the peeps I got it from told me it can be done because it does something with the double protect.I have the SM3 it boots up with SM2 it's alright.