1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic Version 3.8 vs 3.6?Which do you recomened and why ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Swirll, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Swirll

Swirll Guest

I am considering purchasing magic keys and swap magic for my son but i was wondering which version is recomended the ps2 is new so i am assuming that either would work but just wonder what the differences would be along with compatabilty.
    thanks in advance for any help you may offer

2. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Recently, the makers of Swap Magic have released Swap Magic v3.8, also known as CODER, which adds the ability of loading ACTION REPLAY Cheats to the booted game. However, some users have complained that CODER has some compatability issues as well as known bugs. For example, some games that work on v3.6 do not work with CODER. Consequently, v3.6 remains the most popular version of Swap Magic. Unless cheats are important, I would recommend purchasing Swap Magic v3.6 due to increased compatibility, however either is adequate.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  3. dazila

dazila Regular member

3.6 if you want cheats why not just burn3.8 n boot it after you boot 3.6,3.6 is bettet less bugs etc like orthogonl said
    But I think swap magic is giving Upgrades for free so if you want it latter you could do it but im not sure are they still????