1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic video bottom cut off

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by pvince, Nov 29, 2007.

1. pvince

pvince Member

I have a slim ps2 using swap magic. I backed up Guitar hero III and Guitar Hero 80s and the only way they run right is in NTSC mode, but it cuts off the bottom of the video on my tv. there is a black space at the top, like the video is just placed lower. the games that i have backed up and use normal mode dont have this problem. anyone ever see this?

2. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

on my ntsc ps2 I have trouble with the PAL game video problems on my room tv but no problems on the somewhat new (less the 1 year old) plasma screen tv. Im not sure if its the fact its a much newer model of tv or if it was the name brand difference but there really is no way you can change that unless u try it on different tvs.

It does the same thing for me with Final Fantasy X International version. Your not doing anything wrong or the game wasnt a bid rip, its just that tvs have trouble with ntsc/pal compatibility.

I never tried this personally but you can always change the ps2 games ntsc/pal settings with this program from http://www.exploitstation.com/files/downloads.html

Theres a program called NTSC-2-PAL 1.08
    PAL-2-NTSC 1.03

and that might fix it, give it a try and make sure u back up a copy just in case something gets worse.

sksapps has this app called Pal to Ntsc Y fix which fixes there vertical alignment of the screen. the app can be found here

http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=mis.html

hope i helped u out a bit, if you try any of this tell me how it works out. im kinda too lazy to do it at the moment