1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic vs. mod chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jamiandre, Nov 14, 2004.

1. jamiandre

jamiandre Member

which do you recommend? you can use swap magic with out the mod chip right? do you have to have the original to play a back up with swap magic? how does swap magic work? any help is greatly appreciated.

2. offset

offset Regular member

I personally have the swap magic with the flip-top, and for me it has worked perfectly (53 successful back-up copies). After installing the flip-top, all you have to do is boot with your swap magic boot disk. After your ps2 boots, it will say "Insert disk", and all you have to do is put in your back-up copy and play. Check out the how-to threads for more detailed information.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Well they both have there advantages I would think.The modchips have had a better success rate where the swap magic fail without the help of cdloader.The good thing about the swap magic disc is that it boots quicker than a modchip or that is what I have heard.The modchips now have the ability to boot Dvd9 games where the swap magic fails to do,unless I guess using some sort of TOC refresh technique it is possible I think.It depends on how you look at them both to be honest.If you are experienced at soldering then you would be better off with a modchip.If not then I would suggest swap magic and fliptop since that is what I use also.