1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SWAP MAGIC vs3.3 not working for me

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Whillis, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Whillis

Whillis Member

dude what a bummer......i waited for this swap magic to come out finally got it....i tried to play my prince of persia but it wont work.....i put in the Loader Disc.....eject it.....put in the backup game.....and it says please insert a PS2 game...anyone got any tips....anyone got it to work for them.....Version 3.3...USA

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you can't swap the swapmagic disc for your backup by using eject you have to swap by fliptop or slide card

3. Whillis

Whillis Member

hey yo I have the new PS2 SLIM version with the flip top cover.....i have been hearing about modifications that i have to make on the system in order for it to work ....i was not aware of the MODs that i had to do in order to make this CD work........somthing about changing the sensor

4. succubus

succubus Member

no, just open it up and tape down the switches. its very simple and works fine.

5. pianoman2

pianoman2 Member

i'd perfer using the no solder modchip, but it only works with a few versions though

6. Whillis

Whillis Member

do i have to open "as in unscrew" anything to MOD it out...do i use tape? is there only 1 thing to tape down?

7. AussieZan

AussieZan Member

8. AussieZan

AussieZan Member

There are a few methods floating around. The most common one is opening (yes unscrewing the case) and taping the internal sensor down as well as the one on the outside. Detailed discussions can be found here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/117041

Another method that doesnt require you to open it up but requires you to play with the lid open. Basically they use straws and tissues and stuff them into the sensors. Details can be found at the official Swap Magic site here:
    http://www.swapmagic3.com/

Hope that helps.