1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic with Jak 3 and LOTR 3rd age

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nakago, Jan 20, 2005.

1. nakago

nakago Member

Jak 3 (iso, burned with Nero, 2x speed)
    3rd age (MDS, burned with dvd decrytor, 2x speed)

media used Ridada 8x DVD-R.

both suffereing from same problem..... obscenely long loading time, r9ght from the start video. both takes about 5 min of black screen and and finally load some choppy video, game play is okay in jak, can't even get to game play in 3rd age.
    system plays other back up 's fine. liek prince of persia. and DoA. so it must be the disk. media fault or do i needt o change system config. or some other burning software. or are the games them selves just not gonna work as backups?

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

my backup of jak3 works fine , but i burned it on dvd +r (with alcohol 120%),i use swapmagic dvd 2.0
    maybe u should try it with the games that dont work , the media that u use isnt that bad , mediacode ritekg05 i believe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  3. MrBoney

MrBoney Member

I had massive problems with Jak 3. Wouldn't load at all. I rebuilt the ISO using the tools in the Mercenaries thread and it works flawlessly now.

4. nakago

nakago Member

can you link to that thread, there is many mercenary threads.

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

6. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Hi,

I did Jak3 onto a TDK DVD+R, at 2x. I've had no problems at all!. Just try using DVD-Decrypter mate,
    I beleive you best to use it cause no one has ever had a problem using it!. Really it's the only burning prog to use for games! and it's free.

7. mgray09

mgray09 Member

I used DVD Decrypter for Jak 3. It still freezes at the "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" screen, with the Jak 3 is copyright of Naughty Dog..ect.