1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic Woes ...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by TrgiBop, Feb 25, 2005.

1. TrgiBop

TrgiBop Member

Alright, so I'm having a couple of problems with Swap Magic and what not, so here we go.

I originaly got a slide card to play an Import without modding my PS2 and it worked relatively well - I would boot it straight from the SM DVD 2.0 and it would work about 65-75% of the time, with choppy FMV and slightly slower loading times, but it was fine. I moved on and made a back-up copy of another import from my friend and would do the same procedure, tho it worked maybe 15% of the time.

Things went on for a while because I just thought it was a problem with my PS2 (it's a V1, so it's getting up there in age). My old import game broke (long story), but a newer came out so I just ordered that. Well, two days ago it came in and I figured it would work fine (the game is Hajime no Ippo: All-Stars, for the curious). I thought wrong. Straight from the SM DVD 2.0, I would get the red border everytime.

So, I started reading through posts here and did the SM CD 3.0 --> original DVD game TOC --> Import trick and suddenly both the new import and my back-up were booting flawlessly (using games like MSG3, GTA:SA, and Onimusha 3 as TOC disks and the normal load, not special) everytime and the FMV's weren't skipping at all. Things were good, but short lived - both games would totally freeze during play fairly early on. Not in menu's, only during gameplay. So, I tried the same procedure using special boot and viola, the back-up works great ... the import however (aka the important one here) starts like its gonna load but never does. So, the import still doesn't work.

Anyway, here's some specs for anyone who might be able to help: the size of the import is 4.15 GB, I have Swap Magic 3.2 CD and 2.0 DVD version and a V1 PS2. I'm considering ordering the new 3.3 Swap Magic because I figure that might help, but the fact that I can only sorta play it as is right now is a bit frustrating. I figure it's either the Swap Method or the PS2 causing the problem, leaning more toward the Swap Method since the PS2 hasn't had any problems before and plays the DVD back-up perfectly now. So, that's about it. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

- Bop

2. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

have you checked swapmagicfix.com to see if that one has problems?

Maybe you could try the DVD 2.0, CDLoader V7, Backup import game and see if that works.

3. TrgiBop

TrgiBop Member

I checked the list and it wasn't listed, but CDLoaderV7 and Jak 3 seems to have the done trick. Thanks a lot, Joe.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005