1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic wont load

Discussion in 'PS2' started by maxisneil, Apr 29, 2005.

1. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

hey, iv got a pal ps2 and pal swap magic disks and i bought a ntsc version of gran turismo 4 but when i put it in it dosen't load the ps2 freezes, any reason why this's happening or a way to make it work?

thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Gran Tourismo 4 is a dual layer game and Swap Magic can't play them.
    Is it an original? If so when you put it in does it load up?
    Does your screen just flip out and is black and white.
    If you answer yes to those 3 questions then you will need to get a converter for you TV (if it is PAL too).
    I would suggest NTSC To PAL patcher program, which would work on most games, but being a dual layer i don't think it will.

3. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

are you selecting the ntsc boot option or are you using the normal boot option?use ntsc to boot ntsc games on pal ps2.if that dont work,when it comes to the swap screen dont use your slide card or flip top(you didnt say which you had)and just eject the swap magic disc then put in gt4 and push the eject button again.this will refresh the toc.then select ntsc boot and press x.this is for an orginal game.if your game is a copy of gt4 then it is probably the copy you got that is the problem.gt4 is a very difficult game to copy.

4. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

yeah the game is original, everything i have is pal its just i was in states this month and got it while i was there. Im using flip top and when i swap the game ps2 just freezes, i haven't tried to play it mormaly because its a pal ps2 so just presumed it wouldn't work and haven't tried swapping by pressing eject button because i also thought that wouldn't work because if it did then whats the point of having the flip top

5. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

the flip top is used for backup games.you dont need flip top to play original or import orginal games.and i was just checking to see if you was using the ntsc boot option and you were.but refreshing the Table Of Content(toc)is necessary on games that have large toc(size).youn have to eject the swap magic to refresh toc.im pretty sure swap magic is not capable of booting backup dl disc but can boot original ps2 dl disc.but you have to refresh the toc.

6. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

alright ok cool thank you

7. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

alright i put in the swap magic disk, it loaded, i ejected the disk, put in the gt4, loaded it back in, pressed x but the border went purple and wouldn't play

8. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

did you switch to ntsc load option in swap magic?you have normal,ntsc,and pal options on the swap magic load screen.your game is ntsc while ps2 is pal,right?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  9. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

yeah, but no i didnt switch to ntsc mode, don't know how to do that , when my swap magic loads i only get the insert disk screen, no other options, iv got version dvd 2.0 if that makes any difference?

10. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

i have v3.3 swap magic.and it lets you select boot options at the load program screen.swap 2.0 is suppose to play imports but i dont know how it does it.and i dont know if v2.0 allows you to refresh the toc like v3.3 does.try posting a different thread call it "need help booting imports with swap magic 2.0".remember to tell people you have an original copy of gt4 or they will assume you are trying to boot a copy of gt4 and they will tell you that it is impossible to copy gt4.

but the only advice [bold]"I"[/bold] could give you is to get swapmagic v3.3 or v3.6(they are pretty much the same).you get more options and capability and it is very easy to use.

11. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

alright thanks mate will do