1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic won't start

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by wcphi, Apr 14, 2005.

1. wcphi

wcphi Member

Please help.....Newbie.......Got Swap Magic 3.6..Fitted clips 1 looks like it makes small lid switch at front right ?(Have pushed this switch manually still no joy)..2 Holds back the brake lever( which it is doing disc spin free) ?....3 Hits a sensor or switch below left hand hinge(when I move this clip up & down you can here switch being made below) ?.... All seem to be fitted right but disc does not spin..
    PS2 SCPH 70003
    Any help would be most welcome

2. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

It took a lot of re-setting the hinge switch. But it seemed to slip off on mine a lot for some reason.

3. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

I have a ps2 version 12(slim) with flip top cover plus swap magic 3.3. I put in the swap magic dvd version, it read normally up to the screen playstion 2 and after that the disc kept spinning and won't go to the load screen. It like it can't seen to pass the scanning, the disc kept on spinning slowly then fast then slowly then fast again, almost like it trying it hardiest to scan. What sould i do? if the disc doesn't go to the load screen then i can't swap backup game. All orginal games is working normally. Does any one had this kind of problem too? Any help would be helpful, thanks.

4. cnboe

cnboe Member

the problem is tool c,put in the swap disc and turn the ps2 on.Now try to move the tool c to the left or the right til its reading the disc

5. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

Thanks, but i got a flip top cover, not the tool. When i put in the swap magic dvd version is read perfectly up to the playstation 2 screen then after that i got a black screen, then the disc kept spinning and didn't make it up to the load screen, where you can swap. Please help for those who had this kinda problem, or maybe some hints, thanks.

6. cnboe

cnboe Member

you must choose browser and click triangle,than you choose playstation and click triangle now you must change the speed and the the map than it must be working

7. wcphi

wcphi Member

Thanks to those who replied..As suggested by cnboe if you move the c tool when switched on you find its right seating position..Thanks again

8. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

Actually, setting the game speed is only for ps1 game only, not ps2 game. So, i don't think is going to worked. Even though my ps2 doesn't load the swap magic dvd version, but sometimes it does load up to it, but only if i let the ps2 rested for 1 hours or so, then it will work. Just don't know why it worked this way?