1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic worth it?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by brandonba, Mar 22, 2005.

1. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

I am considering buying the swap magic 3.3, i read through posts didnt see this, is it worth the money does it actully play most games when you back them up?

2. clouser

clouser Guest

its worth its wieght in gold it also plays import japan and pal games.

3. mavro6000

mavro6000 Guest

I have the money, I was wondering should I get a mod-chip, or should I get the swap magic. I found a web-site that will sell me the modchip w/ the ps2 for $240. I know that the swap magic is something like $30. Which one is more reliable, and which one works best?

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

DMS4 modchip would be the best,but Swap Magic is cheaper and more safe.If you have some soldering/desoldering experience I would recommend a modchip,other than that probably Swap Magic and the fliptop lid.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The DMS EZI no solder modchips are not bad,but they seem to be harsh on the system.That is the reason why I didn't really say much about the no solder DMS.

6. clouser

clouser Guest

the 240 is not worth it thats just to much . id get the swap magic you can get them for about 20 bucks with the slid card or get it with the flip top for about 40;)

7. mavro6000

mavro6000 Guest

So you are telling me that the Swap Magic and the Modchip(i.e infitnti Maxtrix) will work the same, and on ALL games?

8. gl2eddy

gl2eddy Guest

dude my advice don't get either...

if ya have a ps2 already and a offical ps2 memory card just get cogswap as a mc exploit...and buy a fliptop or better yet get an hdloader mc exploit...

9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You could get the Swap Magic though,plus everything you mentioned for free gl2eddy.

10. mavro6000

mavro6000 Guest

What does get "cogswap as a mc exploit" mean?

11. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The cogswaploader is alright,but it doesn't work in conjunction with cdloaders an so forth.It will still boot games,but some will not work.Trust me on the cogswaploader for real though.You would be better off just getting Swap Magic.

13. mavro6000

mavro6000 Guest

So if I purchase the SWAP DISK, what else do I need to purchase. Some said something about a CD TOP? If I change the top wouldnt that break my warranty?

14. gl2eddy

gl2eddy Guest

yup...if you get a fliptop it will break your warranty because you have to break the seal to open ur ps2 to change it...the other way is to get a slide card...but i heard from my friends i can break the ps2 easily

15. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Actually there is a way,if you freeze the sticker you can keep it.It is a kinda awkward process to explain,but it is possible to keep the warranty.The slidecard can damage the white pin located inbetween the disc tray if not carefull.The actual fliptop is pretty safe though,very easy install and after installed you can easily clean the laser lense also.Works like a charm would definately recommend it to anyone.

16. random616

random616 Member

copying and backing up games is gud but do u need a certain type of DVD to back them up and y would a mod chip be bloody $240 thats ridicous

17. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

Really if you have the money or expereience get that mod chip since some have the dvd 9 feature witch is very good and they play pretty much all games, but if your tight on money get the SMD's there also very good they play most games some they don't but can easily be fixed and your not going to be making any mods to your console so you won't screw up something.