1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by welcome3, Nov 3, 2004.

1. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

OK new at this so bare with me. I just purchased a swap magic 3.2 /2.0 as well as a fliptop.I used dvd encrypter to write and copy my iso's and I porperly hooked up my fliptop. Now when i put the swap magic dvd disc in it says inset disc, I insert the back up and get a blue screen then it turns black;but it dont start up. It just remains a black screen. What am i doing wrong? Oh yeah ps2 is with the 8 screws. please help

2. kwokusho

kwokusho Member

What media brand are you using?

3. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

Well i ordered some standard media off some web site. They manage to burn movies but i havent tried a game other then the spiderman 2. Now i believe if you get the blue screen in the back group that means that swap disc can read it right?

4. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Yea, with mine i get a quick green then blue, and game loads, but a red is bad.

5. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

Do you use dvd decrypter? maybe i am doing some thing wrong there. I am writting at 1x. i just dont get it. I just tried to back up that new leisur suit larry and i got a green screen, then a blue. It went black for a minute. Now it says please insert a ps2 disc. what am i doing wrong?

6. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

Have a look here and try dvdloader in between your swap magic and backup... you insert swap magic dvd, then swap for dvdloader, and then you can insert a large real playstation game the normal way and then when it says by ea method do the swap for your backup it might just do the trick....

7. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

8. offset

offset Regular member

What game are you trying to burn Welcome3, or is it doing it with all your games? Sometimes it helps to change the media up with certain games.

9. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

So far i tried Lesiure suit larry,mortal combat deception and spiderman 3. Question is that one disk that i d/l from that web site or do i have to d/l one for each individual game? And last do i have to insert the original of the game i am putting in or can it be any ps2 game?

10. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

What do you use the swamp disk cd for? not the dvd the other one? can you use that for games as well?

11. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

What do you use the swamp disk cd for? not the dvd the other one? can you use that for games as well?