1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bubed8, Dec 11, 2004.

1. bubed8

bubed8 Guest

i have my flip cover and my swap disk. i made a backup with dvd decrypter on a dvd+r speed 2x but my ps2 keeps going to the broswer menu and thats it. can anyone help?

2. okboz

okboz Regular member

Read the forums , buy good dvdr- media, burn to that at a slow speed (2x) if possible using ritek disks or any other good media. Dvd+ ok so what ps2 do you have? State that for a fact first. Ps2 version 4 supports both, what do you have? Have you read that most ps2's support dvdr- discs.

Boz

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  3. bubed8

bubed8 Guest

been readind the forums for days. i cant type for crap so i tried to make it short. i have a version 3 ps2 i am using a verbatim dvd-r 4x. i read the iso with dvd decrypter and wrote it with dvd decrypter all of witch i learned on this site from reading the forums. i then put my swap magic disk in through my flip top. before it came up insert disk so i would put in the disk and it would freese now it just goes to the broswer menue. any aswers anyone i tried everthing i could think of even another ps2!

4. bubed8

bubed8 Guest

FINALLY! my problem fixed. when i put on my flip top i didn't know enough to install that round white piece of plastic that holds the disk down. from trying to get my swap to work over and over without that piece in i screwed up the setting for my dvd rom tray. which was making my ps2 not read the swap magic disk. the other ps2 i tried my cover on had a disk read error problem before i got to it which the owner didn't tell me but know they both work great. i made this post to help save someone else the nightmare i went though!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2004
  5. okboz

okboz Regular member

Glad you sorted it, it really does help to try and eliminate evey possibility first. Happy gaming

Boz