1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xxkerryxx, Jan 17, 2007.

1. xxkerryxx

xxkerryxx Member

i have just ordered swap magic 3 plus disks and slide tool but i hear that you have to take the front of the draw off to make ut work? is this true and how do i take it off? thankyou xx

2. smoov

smoov Member

sounds worse than it is, u should get some visual instructions with disc, but its easy, two small screws, altho im sure mine just unclipped!!

its just the fascia to the draw that has the small ps2 emblem

3. eyek

eyek Guest

I recently got SwapMagic with those tools. Works a treat. Bascially what u need to do is u eject the DVD drive on the console. Switch it off completely at the back of the console while leaving the DVD tray still out. Turn the PS2 on its head and u should see a small screw in one of the corners of the PS2 DVD tray. You need a tiny little screw driver to take this off. Once done its all easy from there on, u just clip the modded front section on and ur away. Sorry for the half hearted description but it really is VERY easy. Hope you get it working.

4. baxl86

baxl86 Member

hey u guys..from where da hell did u order swap magic?.cuz im finding very difficult to order one..

5. eyek

eyek Guest

http://www.playstationdirect.com/

Got mine from there. Took 2 days to arrive. Very good service.. :)
    Thats for UK by the way.. If ur USA.. I aint sure.. lol,

Good luck!

6. steimy

steimy Active member

7. croy00

croy00 Member

Ok guys I live in Canada so it's hard to find stuff with reasonable shipping. However I bought swap magic 3.8 coder for 18 GBP (36.00USD) with free shipping. Holy crap free shipping worldwide. I got it from a place called awsatellites not 100% sure the site name so here is the email addy for the customer service a.white32@ntlworld.com Also they accept paypal which I know is gonna help alot of people.