1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2' started by roblatacz, Feb 26, 2007.

1. roblatacz

roblatacz Regular member

Whats the difference between swap magic and coder?

2. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

as far as i m aware,

swap magic 3.6 is the good same old program we all know and love.

swap magic 3.8 coder is the same but it also alllows you to use the old Action Replay codes. (not action max codes, but there is a way to convert them though :) )

3. roblatacz

roblatacz Regular member

Also as the ps3 is coming out soon, I don't want to spend to much on modding my ps2.

So what is the cheapest and easiest way to play backups? Swap magic looks good because I won't have to do any soldering but is there a good chip that is fairly easy to install and is cheaper then swap magic that would be better?

4. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

I use SMv3.6 & it works great. Except for the fact it won't play any DVD9 games, it does everything I need it to.
    before you buy, make sure you buy from a reputable store, check which version of PS2 you have (mine is a v12 so I use Magic Keys I), and order the correct Magic Keys. If you have a v13-v14 PS2 you'll need the Magic Keys II. Or try the tape+tissue mod to cover Sensors A/B/C & you're set.
    Go find yourself a burnable copy of Action Replay Max, Codebreaker and Xploder. Then all you need to do is burn to CD/DVD and you can use cheats/saves & have most everything a modchip gives you