1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by soupnaz, May 29, 2007.

1. soupnaz

soupnaz Guest

is it possible to use a Backup of swap magic 3.8 without the original copy? because i lost the orgininal copy, i havent modded in a few months and i really dont want to spend 20 dollars again

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

sorry, no way of using a backup of swapmagic as it was pressed not burned
    the only way would be to use swapmagic, memory card exploit, modchip to boot up the backup of swapmagic.
    but then that would be useless

3. soupnaz

soupnaz Guest

i heard there where other exploits out there, i really dont / cant afford to buy a new swap magic set so i am looking for alternatives.

i have a Ps2 HDD cant i use that in some kind of exploit? i heard something about that. i just really want to play my backups like i use to.

4. HG27

HG27 Guest

you could play games off the hard drive but you need hd loader or hd advance
    If you were able to get the memory card exploit installed on your memory card that would be the cheapest way to play backups on your ps2. Just by using cogswap loader or hd loader off memory card exploit
    If you have action replay or gameshark you can boot up backups also, but you have to have the original disc not a backup

5. steimy

steimy Active member

I would look into the Cogswap memory card exploits. As stated above it would be your cheapest solution IF you have a fat model PS2. If you have a slimline then you have no choice in the matter. Buy a new set of swap magic discs, or get a good modchip installed and forget all about swapping, rebuilding games, trouble with screen cut off, and the other Swap Magic drawbacks.