1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SwapMagic 2.0

Discussion in 'PS2' started by _16volt, Oct 14, 2004.

1. _16volt

_16volt Guest

I ordered a no solder mod chip and SwapMagic combo from ModChipStore.com

(The worst customer service I have ever encountered, will not answer any support emails. and when they do its like we are speaking a different language. Amazing they are still in business.)

But anyway. I put my SwapMagic disc in my ps2 and it never gets the "Insert Disc" screen. It just has a gold disc that flashes in the middle of the screen.
    I tryed this same disc in my friends ps2 and it loaded the "Insert Disc" screen first time.

I have a
    USA SCPH 30001R Version 5/6

My friend has a version 9
    SCPH 50001

Does anyone have any ideas why it will not read on mine and reads fine on his? I have tried a DVD+R movie in my
    PS2 and it worked fine. Is there some kind of problem with swapmagic and my version?

AnyHelp would be appreciated. Thanks

2. meta1

meta1 Regular member

The first mistake you made was buying it from MOD Chip.com..

The second, is not swapping your disks within the time limit and following the instructions to begin with.

3. _16volt

_16volt Guest

1. Boot up the Swap Magic 2 "DVD" disk.
    2. Wait for the PS2 to boot up until "Insert Disc" message appears on the screen.

I don't get this screen when I put my swap magic cd in?
    How is this not following the instructions? I used the instructions to do it.

3. Now hold the "Eject" button until the power indicator turns from green to orange.
    4. The CD tray will open, Change the Swap Magic 2 disk with your PS2 CD game disk.
    5. The CD tray will close within 5-10 seconds.
    6. After the CD tray closes press "X" on your controller.
    7. Your PS2 backup will now load.