1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SwapMagic 3.3 does not work with PS two V12

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PIA4004, Jan 31, 2005.

1. PIA4004

PIA4004 Member

Hello,

I bought SW 3.3 + a fliptop for my PStwo (V12).
    I put the fliptop in place without a problem.
    Now, when I launch with SW CD, I get the startup screen asking to "load program".
    THen I open the fliptop and then, I swap with my backup (which works fine on other mod chipped PS2), then what should I press "normal boot" or "special boot" ??
    Anyway, whatever I do it does not recognizes the backup and displays "Not a valid PS2 disc" in blue...

What am I doing wrong here ? Do you have a detailed list of actions to do it correcly ?

Thanks for your help...
    P.I.A

2. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

I think I need a little more info to help you out PIA. But just a few small things that might fix your problem.

The SM CD is for cd based games, and the SM DVD is for dvd based games, but you probably already knew that.

As for normal or special boot, I think special boot is for games that used to require the use of cdloader or dvdloader with previous versions of SM, but I'm not totally sure.

For me, I put in my SM DVD, turn on the power, when the disc stops spinning I put in my backup and press 'x' and I'm good to go, those are the only steps I can give ya.

Not sure what else the problem could be.

3. rafer11

rafer11 Member

different compatability issues between different versions of ps2?

4. cubcake1

cubcake1 Member

works perfectly with mine.

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

The Special Boot is actually for choosing the Region in which you wiah to play. For example, if you wish to play an NTSC game in colour, you would change the video mode to PAL then highlight Load Program and Special Boot (Square)