1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SwapMagic 3.6 DVD - Doesn't snap onto Slim Spindle Properly - Physically Defective?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by quid246, Nov 11, 2007.

1. quid246

quid246 Member

Purchased a Swap Magic 3.6 kit and for the most part, works great on the brand new SCPH-77001 I am testing.

Now the issue I am having is that the DVD doesn't seem to "snap" properly onto the slim's spindle. Either I have to push it down hard to get the last spring to snap, or take it off and replace it back on the spindle (takes on average 3 or 4 times to get it to seat properly).

When it's on crooked, it spins warped and makes a pretty nasty sound as the disc skates the tray.

All other discs I try, DVD movies, PS2 Originals, CDs all snap on properly on first attempt. The Swap Magic DVD is the only one that has the issue.

Normally, this would not be a big deal for me... as I can tell when it's not snapped on properly. However, I am giving this setup to my very young nephew and don't think he will be able to tell if it's on properly or not.

Is this something that would be resolved by exchanging the SM DVD?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Defective without an absolute doubt. Same thing happened to me actually.

3. quid246

quid246 Member

Did the replacement fix the issue?

4. superomio

superomio Guest

It happens to me too. Just push it in. No biggie.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2007
  5. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

my v3.6 dvd was fine. it was my tool c of the slim kit pro that came with it that was defected. the thing was too big to push into the 1 mm hole so i couldnt push it in softly like all the online tutorials said I could. I did manage to get it in with force but it seems pretty stuck and i didnt try to hard to get it out. just hope it comes out if i decided to trade in or sell my pstwo.