1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SwapMagic 3.6 makes my backups play sloooooow

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Viceroy23, May 22, 2007.

1. Viceroy23

Viceroy23 Member

I have a fatty PS2 (SCPH-50001) that I bought refurbished from a gaming store. It plays all normal PS2/PSX games just fine.

So I recently got SwapMagic 3.6 w/ slide tool. To test it out I made a back-up of a game (Jeopardy, BTW), burnt it on high quality Verbatim media at 2x and did the bootswap.

Once loaded the game played incredibly slow. The 5 second atari splash screen at the start took about a minute and a half to get through, with the sound cutting out every second or so.

Tried the same thing with some other games. All are impossibly slow to play.

Is my lens to old and tired or what? SwapMagic seems to work great for almost everyone - either it works fine or it doesn't load games at all. I've searched the net for posts about slow-mo problems, but have found none.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

umm... well. Yesterday i got Sly Cooper 1 and burned it to sony DVD-R at 2x. The game kept skipping and stuttering. Maybe the games you install just don't liek verbatim X___X you can buy an HDD.

3. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

try burning at 4x.i burn my 16x verbatims at 4x instead 8x and it works perfectly w/ my swap magic 3.6