1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SwapMagic.Elf

Discussion in 'PS2' started by squewheet, May 25, 2007.

1. squewheet

squewheet Member

I have a swapmagic.elf file that it version 3.8. And I have a memcard exploit that I have on my mem card. And the way I boot up the swapmagic.elf file is load a ps1 game in the tray close the tray then i wait a couple of seconds then i see a white screen then i click on filebrower then i go to .mass and i find the file then click on it and then it loads. But what i need to know is that i have a fat ps2 and i burnt a ps2 game on a DVD+R. And then i load up swapmagic and try to load the game but it doesn't load do you think i might be that i'm using a DVD+R and not a DVD-R. Cause it trys to load but goes black and then goes to the screen that show's ur memcard and stuff. So I need some advice please help.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  2. heath007

heath007 Member

That sounds like a TOC issue. You need to let swap magic do a TOC check. Just eject the drive with the power\eject button and swap magic should say refreshing disc. When it comes back to the load program screen, use the cogswap to change out the disc. That should fix the problem. It also might be your media. If the TOC refresh doesn't work try Sony DVD-Rs. Thats what I use and have never had a problem with them. They are more expensive that some of the other brands but the laser is very picky. Using the wrong kind of media can strain the laser and burn it out. Then you will really be SOL. Hope that helps.