1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapmagic...PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mackmack, Feb 12, 2007.

1. mackmack

mackmack Member

Could someone please help me out?

I purchased the PS2 SWAP MAGIC 3.8 W/CODER COMBO from AllModChip.com

http://www.allmodchip.com/PS2_Swap_Magic...bo_p_16181.html

I have a silver slim(SCPH-70001). I installed the flip top and everything seems to be working fine. The coder disc(dvd version) loads fine but when I go to boot a DVD+R(memorex on the list) it says to add a genuine ps2 disc...

So I looked in the small user manual accompanying the Coder and it says that slim SCPH-7000X need to install "magic switch pro V3"... I can't find this anywhere.

Did I buy the wrong one? Am I missing something? Please help. Thanks

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I don't believe the fliptop works as well on the slim-line PS2s. Could try an alternative method:

"Solution for installing Magic Switch v3"
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/462178

It's about the same except the part where it mentions about a straw. The location of the magic switch is on the rightside of the metal hinges for your PS2 instead of between the metal hinges on the v15 for yours I believe.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  3. mackmack

mackmack Member

To the best of my knowledge it is working... I don't believe my problem has to do with the hardware mod(fliptop).

The disc spins while the cover is open.

I am just confused because the included directions for the coder combo that I purchased in the link above state:

"For SCPH-7000X slim console users. you need to install Magic Switch Pro V3 on your console, so that you can swap the discs by simply opening the disc cover of your console"

It seems to insinuate I need different, or additional, software...

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

You have instaled the flip top if so you dont need switch pro V3 they are different tools your fliptop is one,Magic keys,Switch pro,Slim Kit they are all different you only need one you have one all it does is make the ps2 think you idnt open the lid the reason your disxcs dont work is because they suck why
    1.They are +R unless you booktype them to -ROM in dvd decryptor it wont work well use -R
    2.They are memorex,Buy ritek 50pack DVD-R 8x they work well I also use Princos the discs that evereyone say are gay they actually work and I have no trouble I have burnt now 100 games to princo and one hasnt worked and about 100 to ritek and one hasnt worked too! I also disagree when people say that they burn your ps2 laser out I use them for 2 years now in my V3 ps2 from 2001 and I havent chnaged the laser and its played nothing but princos and it runs as new still.