1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapmagic question, is my burner too fast?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by srg775, May 20, 2004.

1. srg775

srg775 Member

I have recently bought a NEC 2500A DVD +/- burner, fliptop and swap magic for backups.

The problem that I have is that the slowest available speed for this burner is 2X and when I burn PS2 DVD copies it's very choppy and slow. I get the blue border fine but when the game loads it's very slow and impossible to play. It runs but constantly stops to load more data. If someone can let me know what's wrong here I would appreciate it. Or any way to make my burner burn at 1X too.

I have used both memorex and fujufilm dvd-r's and also tried using Alcohol 120% and Nero V 6.3.0.0

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I know you've used diffrent ones but it could still be the media... I had a plextor burner for a while and it would only let me burn some unbranded media at 4X nothing less but, when I tried diffrent media it let me burn at diffrent speeds. Also, check to see if you have the latest firmware for the burner.

3. avman

avman Member

What speed are you reading (ripping) at? I have the Pioneer 107 which can burn at 1x but only reads at 12x. I have my suspisions that the issue with menus and cut sequences with WRC3 might be down to the read speed.

4. srg775

srg775 Member

I always read the game at the maximum level, so maybe that could be the problem. Also, what types of blank media would anyone prefer for games. I was thinking Ritek G03

5. deep0r

deep0r Member

ritek 04 is awesome......but sometimes its little things with your pc....ive had to move isos directly to the hdd (no subfolders...ex: C:) also try DVD Decrypter....works so much better then nero or alcohol. as far as your burner being too fast...not likely, mine has a minimum of 2.4x so you should be fine. ive had horrible luck with fujifilm....ive used Philips and ritek 04 with great success.

6. billz

billz Active member

it sounds like your laser needs cleanedto me...

7. psx245

psx245 Regular member

yeah definitely a lot of problems with games running slow is do to laser problems.