1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapmagic Ripoff...help PLZ

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by tickboi, Jan 31, 2007.

1. tickboi

tickboi Member

OK, i just realized that my Swapmagick CD Driver is screwd up. The CD its self is unglued where the CD Spindle goes. When the CD starts to spin, its unbalanced, and the PS2 will not read it. What can I do? I want to use the SMS but i dont know how to load it now.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

If the middle section is broken, then theres not much you can do, apart from making a ring from a paper clip, that fits 100% the circumference of the spindle, and then somehow attach it the the disk, but whatever you do will not work 100%, because it wont be proportional, I will recommend buying another disk.

3. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I had the exact same problem when I first got my Swap Magic 3.8 coder. One solution may be to call tech support wherever you got it from and see if there's a possibility that they could give you a replacement. Mine did and as much as I could have done what lilg_06 suggested, my SW DVD disc was messed up before I realized it was unproportional.