1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swapmagic vs usbextreme

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tedpr, Dec 11, 2007.

1. tedpr

tedpr Member

Just got a slim playstation2 and about 7 games. I have a seagate freeagent 250 usb harddrive...What I want to know is what is better to use swapmagic or esextreme (usadvance) or do I need them both. (and other files)??.which one plays more backup games... i dont want to keep taking my disc in and out...also does this ruin the playstaion at all??? thanks in advance

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

I've never personally used usbextreme but I would imagine that since it is USB, loading would be slower than if reading from a actual disc. Swaping discs can get annoying but it doesn't ruin the ps2, so long as you do it right and be careful.
    So I would go with swapmagic if those were my options. Though if your slim is a v12 or v13 you have the option of installing HD Connect. This makes it so your slim has support for a harddrive through the use of an IDE cable (much faster than USB).

3. tedpr

tedpr Member

79001 scph is the model...I want to go the usb method..was wondering if i need swapmagic to do this

4. HG27

HG27 Guest

You do not need swapmagic unless you are going to be running a backup of usbextreme. So in your case I would just recommend buying usbextreme instead of swapmagic.