1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SwapMagic Warning

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Niobis, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

I recently bought SawpMagic v3.3 and used it a couple times. I had a few problems playing the game such as: slow loading, skipping music in game, and loading while playing. I assume this is usual because of the burned games. I don't expect for it to work like an orginal game. But that's not the problem. Now when I play orgianl games I have the same problems. ex. GTA:SA it lodas slow and when I got to my map sometimes it is a blue screen like the whole map is water I wait about 5-10 seconds and it loads. The noise the laser makes going back and forth is horendous. Sounds as if my laser is about to shoot out the side of my PS2.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Edit: Also when I insert an original disc it comes to the red screen and states " Please insert a Playstation 2 format disc" I can get by this simply by opening the trya and closing it again but it still gets annoying.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Yah, backups should normally be able to play exactly like the originals.

4. aslamraja

aslamraja Member

what said is above is correct. what worried me more is the niose. can you tell me if wen you press the eject button the ps2 takes it time opening it? if yes then you need to clean the track on which the laser arm lies on. this will void warantee however...

5. scorcci

scorcci Member

I advice you to use just good media or you going to burn your laser.
    If you have a problem on the laser with strange noise is because the laser is attempt to run the DVD-R and having a problem with it.
    Any noise strange that you hear do not let the pstwo keep doing it, turn it off or you can damage your console.
    I have a friend using swap magic and he told me using good medias is ok, but he just realized some bad midias that he's using and start to do just like yours, in very few time the laser died.
    About the GTA SA, it has a big loading time and force too much the console, even original one, so be carefull is your pstwo getting hot playing it, turn it off and let it rest some time before start again.
    Good Luck.