1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapmagic

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shabaz, Feb 16, 2004.

1. shabaz

shabaz Member

Hey Everyone,

I'm a total newbie here, and I'm thinking about getting a slide card with the swapmagic type software for my version 4 ps2. It seems like the cheapest way to go from what I've read, and I'm wondering if anyone has any compelling reasons why I should drop the extra coin to get a messiah or a magic mod paid for and installed? If you guys could let me know how much of a piss off it is to swap the discs, and what % of the games it works for, that'd be a big help.
    thanks a lot

2. shabaz

shabaz Member

What's up with this site? nobody care to help out the poor new guy?

3. billz

billz Active member

calm down buddy,
    give people time to respond it'a message board not messenger
    If you own a v7+
    I would get a chip as security process make swaping take longer and longer.
    If V6-
    the swapping is bearbul but if you really want evrything ps1,ps2dvd,ps2 cd,dvdrips,regionless dvd player go with a good modchip

i went with swap disk and no solder and wish i had got a solder chip after payin for no solder chip,swap disk,and breaker pro i trade it all for a matrix chip installed

4. noobhere

noobhere Member

Hey man to tell you the truth, I've been using swap magic and slide card for quite a while now, and it isn't that bad. Sure a mod would be nicer, but I didn't really wanna screw with msn ps2, break it and have to buy a new one. After all the reason we back up games is because sony is too cheap to supply reasonably priced replacement discs for their games. So I don't want to give any more money to sony. Sorry about that rant. Back to your question, swapping takes about 30 seconds to do, and I've never seen a game not work yet, and I'm at around 70 - 80 backups. Some do require an extra swap with cd loader, but not that many, and it's only another 30 seconds. Hope this helps.

5. shabaz

shabaz Member

Hey thanks for the help guys....sorry if I seemed like an impatient dick, I was just sittin here with a credit card in my hand tryin to decide what to buy, and I didn't know what to believe from the sites that are tryin to make a sale. thanx again for the help
    peace