1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping DVD drive...problems!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by KnuckleHead, Dec 7, 2011.

1. KnuckleHead

KnuckleHead Member

Hi guys, first post here! Interesting forum, seems just up my street!

So my DVD drive in my Xbox 360 stopped working so I bought a fresh drive, the exact same model (Toshiba Samsung TS-H943 both with firmware ms28).

When it arrived I just swapped out the drives and tried to play a new game which wanted to install an update. It's worth noting I am NOT connected to Xbox Live and my last system update was 2.0.9199 (from a usb).

Anyway, the system just shut down after the update and I'm getting the E66 error on screen when I try to play any game.

I THEN realised I needed to spoof the new drive, so I swapped out the circuit boards and put the old one into the new drive (which I believe should work instead of flashing firmware).

But I'm still getting the E66 error????

Any ideas guys?? The old circuit board (the original) is in the drive now. I'm stumped!!!!!

2. KnuckleHead

KnuckleHead Member

In fact, I've just noticed, my dashboard is version 2.0.13599....it must have been updated from the game? This was installed while my new drive was in the Xbox (without the correct key!)