1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping Exact same DVD for another and flashing

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by tj_kirk, Feb 18, 2011.

1. tj_kirk

tj_kirk Member

Im new to all this fixing of xbox360s. I was quite proud of myself I fixed my first rrd and it worked fine for a few minutes until the dvd drive broke.

Ive been reading and I havent found the answer that im looking for. I found an exact dvd drive, same model number but the only difference is the last number on the part number.

x800473-016 is mine and the other is 015.

My question is do I have to flash that dvd since its the exact same except for the last number? If I do is there a link that will help me do this since I am a real newbie at repairing.

I should clarify one other thing. The dvd actually works but I have to crack open the dvd to change games. Is it possible to swap the guts on those things or fix em?

Oh one other thing. The replacement dvd is out of another xbox 360

Thanks for any help or advice.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

3. tj_kirk

tj_kirk Member

I have one other question. Ive been told by several people that it is illegal to flash a broken dvd for another. I find this hard to believe since the 360 is mine. I have tried to find someone who is more into this than I to do this for me but the response is that they could get in trouble for doing so. I dont understand why this is so since it is my 360 and I need it repaired. Can someone clear this up for me?