1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swapping hard drives

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by brolie, Jan 15, 2005.

1. brolie

brolie Member

i was gave a 5 gig already modded hard drive , i tried to put it in my xbox and it gave me a error , is there some kind of process i have to do to get it to work?

2. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

check out www.xbox-scene.com. there you'll find very helpful tutorials to get you on the right page

why would you want to put a 5 gig hd in the xbox when it already has a 10? =Þ

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

The HDD only works if it's unlocked and that your Xbox is modded already, otherwise you'll keep getting an error.

4. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

not true

there is a way to add a bigger hard drive and it doesn't envolve useing a mod chip!!!

it explain's how on xbox-scene.com look in tools? or is it tutoruals???

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Well that's new, can you give me the link to that? I figure you need some kind of FTP access so that you can transfer the settings files and such from the retail HDD to the new upgraded HDD, and in order to do that your Xbox has to be modded somehow.

6. brolie

brolie Member

http://www.xbox-tribe.com/download.php... this is where my friend said he got he stuff to do it but all that stuff is greek to me , but he did tell me that it was called soft modding and he did not have to use a mod chip ,and the reason im using the 5 gig is becouse it was already modded

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

The website didn't work but anyway, my question was directed at johnodd4. And I did state that the HDD works if the Xbox is modded in some way (modchip, softmod) and that the HDD is unlocked.

8. brolie

brolie Member

thanks guys you have been a big help and i found a program
    to unlock the hard drive so im going to give it a try

9. brolie

brolie Member

10. brolie

brolie Member