1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping top half of a PS2 case and void sticker

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lovesong, Jul 2, 2003.

1. lovesong

lovesong Member

I was wondering if anyone knows if theres any reason the top half of the case, with the cable and on/off button wouldnt work if it was connected to another PS2.. Like if theres any version compatibility issues, or if they only work on the PS they came with.
    Also i had read a long time ago online about somebody using a black permanent marker on the void sticker then reapplying it. Has anyone done this, and did it work good?

2. SevenOTwo

SevenOTwo Member

i heard about thjat too, with black crayo n chips and glue or something,

and yes, cases with 10 screws arwe compatible with other cases with 10 screws and 8 screw cases are the same

why, whats the plan?

3. simis69

simis69 Member

i think the cables are differnt but the swiches are the same. they come out and can go in the top of any ps2, it never looks right once you take that sticker off!! if you look at it you know it was off!! i once saw a guy rewove a sticker or was it a decal?? off a car with a heat gun (it look like a blow dryer) and a razor and skill ;^)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2003
  4. lovesong

lovesong Member

The plan is to buy a new PS2 and swap the tops, and return the broken one so when they check the serial, there wont be any problem.
    Ive had this broken system for about a year, and have never had the extra cash to get a new one, nor do i feel i should have to pay for it seeing how PS2s are built so poorly.. id rather buy an x box.
    So anyway.. mine has 8 screws. SOooo.. do the playstations out right now have 8 or 10 screws?
    And if they have 10, it would be possible to just swap the entire case, right?
    And Simis.. i didnt understand about the cables being different but the switches being the same... Are you saying the cables look different but can plug into any PS... or simply.. will i have any problems?

5. rock1221

rock1221 Member

thats just morally wrong, but todays PS2s are 10 screws and btw changing the whole thing would probably ruin it.

6. billz

billz Active member

how about replacement cord about $8

7. simis69

simis69 Member

i remember reading and seeing pics on two different types of of cables or i really think it was they way they connect to the motherboard. like one was upside down as opposed to the other one but,i know the version of ps2 are differnt i had a v.4 and changed it to a v.7 and i has no ploblems but yours is older, and the motherboards are different and cases. it is possible remove serial sticker and relocate. i also know that most stores won't take your ps2 back if has the white seal broken on top. and will tell you to send it to playstaion for repairs or replacment. i had return one once and they called some place and gave then the serial off the unit (that was at wally world), if it is really the cord then you should just get that, there is always the chance that you might end up with 2 ps2, nuthing is one 100% when your not being 100%
    as for xbox it is truly a more powerful system.
    and has more fun thing s to do with it besides games, if your into that. but it lacks a large selection of good games, but i use the xbox more than ps2..

8. SevenOTwo

SevenOTwo Member

new ps2s have 8 screws, and wal mart hasnt checked mine yet, and ive been thru 6

9. SevenOTwo

SevenOTwo Member

what white seal?

10. SevenOTwo

SevenOTwo Member

what white seal?

11. billz

billz Active member

on the box.

12. SevenOTwo

SevenOTwo Member

lol, oh that one, ive never had a problem returning a ps2, even without the foam pieces

13. lovesong

lovesong Member

its morally right.. whats wrong is for sony to manufacture such a poorly constructed system.
    ok.. since sevens been through 6 systems, im trusting him that its 8 screws, not 10 on the new ones.
    Ok, so im trying to figure out what version mine is.
    http://www.modchipshop.com/ps2/v5v6v7.htm
    Its SCPH-30001, and i think its version4, it has 8 screws and the electrical hazard on the bottom.
    So, the final question is.. will the top case of my version 4 PS plug in and work on a brand new playstation?

14. _useless_

_useless_ Guest

no it is morraly wrong you are trying to rip off sony (not that I care)

marker, crayon adn glue thats very clever

btw sony accepts broken consoles back if you just call them and talk to them about your issues

15. lovesong

lovesong Member

well.. apparently you have "fusk me in the ass" morals.. sonys the only one whos not getting ripped off.. i was.. and wallmart will be.
    i tried calling sony a long time ago.. they did nothing for me. they told me, along with everyone else that i could send it in to be repaired for the reasonable price of $125.

16. _useless_

_useless_ Guest

thats a bitch I did the same with a v1 but I guess I was more perswasive

if thats the case than fusk them if you get some indellable marker and something that is black and sticky you will be solid

17. c7015

c7015 Regular member

that was me who sent it back with the black marker and crayon shvings but the shavings were just to make the glue black I had considered molasses but I didnt think that would hold and yes love song I agreee with you though it seems imopral to all of you but it costs sony next to nothing to make ps2 and we pay a ton of money for them and when they break we are expected to foot the bill a 3 month warentee please

Last edited: Jul 5, 2003
  18. c7015

c7015 Regular member

however I sent it straight back to sony not to wal mart with a switched case this sounds interesting keep us posted on how it turns out _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 v7,
    DVR-AO5U
    Magic 3.1
    Nero
    Ritek [/small]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2003
  19. alldat123

alldat123 Member

why would you have to get rid of the sticker. i am new and just wondering.

20. c7015

c7015 Regular member

you want to keep the sticker when you peel it off when you open the ps2 it shows up void all over the sticker and then you cant get any support from sony if it breaks, so if you can get the sticker back on and have it appear as though it dosetn say void you can return it