1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping xbox 360 DVD drives

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nickramone, Jan 7, 2012.

1. nickramone

nickramone Member

Alright so I just purchased a Sammy DVD drive from Ebay to replace my BenQ drive. I have no idea how to dump the firmware off the BenQ and inject into my new Samsung drive. I have a SATA to USB converter, I just need to know what software I should use to dump the firmware and then inject into the samsung. Please help!

2. scooter22

scooter22 Member

Do you get on xbox live?

3. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

If you use Xbox Live, then changing drive models (spoofing) is no good, you need to replace your BenQ with another BenQ. If Live is not a concern, then it's OK to use the Samsung.

Everything you need to know is HERE.

4. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

If you dont use the original type drive newer games will not boot in your 360 for example if you put in Battlefield 3 you will get a black screen with the e66 error then when you pull the disk out of the drive and reboot youll get the dash like your supposed to till you use a newer disk. spoofing the drive to look like another drive does not work anymore. Just thought you mite wanna know.