1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swat: Global Strike Team -- no data

Discussion in 'PS2' started by loxley32, Nov 2, 2003.

1. loxley32

loxley32 Member

Hi ... has anybody tried to back up Swat: GHlobal Strike Team? I backed it up using DVD Decrypter (just like I have done with many other games) and here is what happens: the game boots up, goes through the opening animation showing the swat tem getting ready, and then when it comes time to start the game, a red screen appears prompting me to put in a disc with data on it. I am using ritek discs, so the media is not the problem. Any ideas? thank you.

2. c2xdgb

c2xdgb Guest

I had the exact same thing happen. I have the Magic 3.6 chip...which one are you using??

3. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I'm having the same exact problem as well. It seems that the same exact problem is hapeneing with the X-Box version as well(I've seen the threads).

I used Nero to copy itand I've never had any problems before and I've got a Magic 4.1 mod chip.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

do you lot have v7 ps2 by any chance

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Sounds like the game is doing a double-check. This occurs with a v7 (and up??) machine that is modded with a Magic 3.1 chip. The Magic 3.6 is a Magic 3.1 clone mounted onto a clip kit ready board for easier installation. The Magic 4.1 is another clone of the 3.1 but I don't know the story behind how that one got it's name. You're going to have to just play your original with the mod turned off or re-mod with a newer chip.

6. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

Yes it's a V7.

7. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

as icemonkey said some of the newer games impliment a a double check verification on games (check twice to see if game is genuine) a new version of this check was implemented on the v7+ ps2 mainboard and the magic3.1 modchip and its clones cant load these games

8. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

So there is nothing that can be done to get around this?

9. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Change the mod out with a newer one. That's about it.

10. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

Is this double check verification going to be more common with new releases? This is the first game I've had this problem and I'ver got about 70 games(most have been released in the last year or so). I'm going to guess that this is going to be a regular thing with future games. I actually purchased my PS2 with the magic 4.1 already installed because I don't think I could do it without screwing it up. Are there any no-soldier mods for the V7? If not what woul be the best choice to replace it with that would take care of the double verification problem?
    Thanks for all your help so far.

11. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

dont know that much about mod chips but probably the dms as its flash upgradable or a magic 5 but some one who knows more about mod chips might be able to give you some more suggestions