1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swearing off wiid for good! Going back to ol reliable -=Wiikey=-

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Kafluke, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Ok so I've had my second wiid in a row from a completely different vendor fall apart on me. When soldering to the pads on the mod chip with only the slightest amount of heat they either melt or come off the pcb. This is completely unacceptable. I tried Larry, I gave it a chance and it failed miserably. Even after rebuilding the messed up solder point it still only half works. (some games work and some don't. No GC games were working). This is the second time that this has happened to me in a row with the wiid mod chip. I desoldered everything and quicksoldered a wiikey in its place. The construction is much more solid and it is a much more robust physically overall of a chip. And wouldn't ya know it. When I was done, everything worked. All the games played even GC games. I'm done with wiid. I will always try different products but twice in a row from different vendors is enough to make me swear off wiid for good. I'm sticking with wiikey from now on.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Everyones untitled to their opinion. I took off my WiiD support sig because I don't like WiiD support. Plus they haven't updated their wibsite since April.

As far as instillation and playing games. For me it was easy to install and it hasn't failed me on 1 game yet (Wii or GC).

But if I had to go for another chip I duno what I would go for.

Wiikey seems to have issues with the new firmware. Plus it seems to take forever for them to release updated set up disc.

So in a way Wiikey and WiiD support and updates tend to be about the same.

3. Menion

Menion Regular member

i jsut saw the title of this thread and thought of you Larry I knew you would be ther first to reply :) lol

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yeah my ears where ringing and just new Kafluke was talking about me again.