1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swipe Cards/ Swap Disc

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Brandon10, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

What is the difference between the Swap discs 2.0 version and the 3.0 version? And Would you recommend buying a modchip or getting the swap disc?

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

I've had both, mate, started out with flip-top & swap magic discs, now i've had a Matrix mxl installed, got sick of swapping- up to 4 swaps for games with double protection. Have a good read of the forum and make up your own mind.

Dene

3. Fox278

Fox278 Guest

I have tried to make back up copy of Slinter Cell using
    TDK-+R and when using the swap magic disk the game starts to load but when i get to the part where it reads the memory then i choose where i want to play the game, i press x then the screen turns red telling me insert a format ps2 game. Ive also tried with hitman 2 but that one doesnt do anything with the swap magic disk. My ps2 is a SCPH 50001 just bought it like three weeks ago. Can any one tell me what version it is. I also have a ps2 SCPH 30001 someone told me taht was a version 1. Please help thamks

4. noobhere

noobhere Member

fox - both of those games require cdloader. As for the orginal post, I have slide card and swap magic, and I love it. I haven't seen a game yet that hasn't worked. Plus I didn't need to crack open my ps2.
    Hope this helps.

5. noobhere

noobhere Member

sorry about the previous post. Splinter cell doesn't require cdloader but hitman does. Use dvd decrypter and burn at 1x with good media like ritek, and you'll be fine.

6. Fox278

Fox278 Guest

Thanks noob i'll give it a try...

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

splinter cell does to need cd loader. It will load, but when you try to save or actually play, it will kick you out to the browser. For your new ps2, you need to get dvdloader off http://www.ps2ownz.com since it cant load the swap magic cd.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2004
  8. S.W.A.P.

S.W.A.P. Guest

I bought SWAP discs a few days ago, and my ps2 is having problems reading the swap "CD" discs.
    Once it was able to read the disc correctly, my Backup didnot work.
    For me SWAP discs are not reliable.

9. S.W.A.P.

S.W.A.P. Guest

... i just tried to use it again,
    after refreshing the cd 7 times. The program worked.
    So i swapped the game; Capcom vs SNK 2
    When the ps2 tried to read it, i saw Blue AND Red stripes. The backgroundcolor with the swap disc logo was red. Maybe i had to set "NTSC" at the options... Can any1 help me out?
    What the hell did i do wrong, and why do I have 2 colors???

10. Fox278

Fox278 Guest

S.W.A.P.---What version of the PS2 do you have? The newer models of the PS2 doesnt read the swap magic version 3 cd...it will only read the swap magic v.2 dvd. I have a PS2 VERSION 3 and a PS2 version 9 which i bought back in jan. The PS2 version 3 reads both swap magic disk but not my PS2 version 9. You might need DVD LOADER/CD LOADER in order for you to play that game look it up at SWAPMAGICFIX.COM Hope this helps .

11. S.W.A.P.

S.W.A.P. Guest

Thanks man for the info,
    my ps2 is about 1 year old. im a noob so i dont really know what version it is :S....
    how can i check it?

12. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

Ther version 1, 2 and 3 PlayStation 2 all have 10 screws on the bottom of the unit.

SCPH30001 v1 = Serial# begins U1
    SCPH30001 v2 = Serial# begins U0
    SCPH30001 v3 = Serial# begins U1 Date 1A
    SCPH30001 v3 = Serial# begins U2 Date 0D

The version 4, 5, 6 and 7 PlayStation 2 all have 8 screws on the bottom of the unit. The 4 and 5 also have the electrical warning stamped on the bottom of the PlayStation 2 case.

SCPH 30001 v4 = Serial# begins with U0
    SCPH 30001 v4 = Serial# begins with U1
    SCPH 30001 v4 = Serial# begins with U2
    SCPH 30001 v4 = Serial# begins with U3
    SCPH 30001 v4 = Serial# begins with U4
    SCPH 30001 v4 = Serial# begins with U5
    SCPH 35001 v4 = GT3 Edition

There are 3 different motherboards for the SCPH30001R - Version 4, 5 and 6
    SCPH30001R v5 or v6 Motherboard
    SCPH39001 v7

SCPH50001 v9 or v10

13. S.W.A.P.

S.W.A.P. Guest

Finally it works!!!
    I think what the prob. was.. i was using cheap cd's.
    I used 3 kinds of cd's ;
    Brand: Prostore Multispeed 800 MB... did NOT work
    Sunstar 700MB................ did NOT work
    and Lifetec 700MB................ DID WORK!! :D

14. liljoe

liljoe Guest

ok to make this a whole lot simple just buy a ps2 fliptop it helps a lot i just cant get a game to boot but it is a whol elot easier than a slide card i would reccomend this ite to evry one very fast shipping http://www.ps2fliptop.net/main.htm