1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swisstec T42/1SG HD Problem

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by davie66, Apr 1, 2007.

1. davie66

davie66 Member

I recently purchased a Swisstec T42/1SG HD Ready Plasma TV from ASDA.

Not knowing much about HD (fool that I am), I did not know about the more superior HDMI connections - I have since establshed that my TV does not have HDMI input. About the same time, I upgraded my ntl Set Top Box to the new Virgin Media V+ box which is HD enabled and has HDMI output socket.

The Virgin Media Engineer left me with a HDMI to DVI adaptor for my TV and it is connected to the DVI port on the TV but I see no noticeable difference in picture quality whether this is plugged in or not (I compare it while watching the only HD channel that Virgin Media currently broadcast - BBC HD).

I have just done some more fiddling and thought that if I change my source on my TV to DVI, this would make a difference but it just gives me a blank picture instead!

Can anyone help me please

2. Anitaboo

Anitaboo Member

I can't believe no one answered you.
    HDMI is in no way superior they are both the same, I have the same TV.
    The adaptor will not work as the hdmi signal from the Vbox is protected you will need an HDMI to DVI lead (it has to have an i after the DVI) this TV is capable.
    You should also consider getting an HDMI to component Lead instead, this also carries the protection to the HD comp lead via the audio cable (I use Both)
    For the money you paid for the TV you got a bargain as it is the latest Samsung tech as indicated by the SG at the end of the number, LG at the end are the latest LG plasmas, very good TV's at half the price.
    Support is good with a 3-5 day turnaround with a replacement NEW TV not yours repaired!!!! Very good buy I would say.

Anita.