1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switch FFVII

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by MattClev, Aug 5, 2007.

1. MattClev

MattClev Member

I'm about to start playing Final Fantasy VII on my PSP. I have all the EBOOTs of all the discs and everything but I had a question. I only have a 1GB Memory Stick for my PSP so I obviously can't fit more than EBOOT onto my Memory Stick. So here's my question: When I finish Disc 1, how will I go about switching "discs?" Thanks for anyones help in advance!

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

It's really easy, when disc one is finished it asks you to save the game; do it and then shut off your PSP.

Then, take disc one off of your stick and put on disc two. You can load the savedata and it'll start disc two. The same applies for the disc 2 to disc 3 swap.

3. MattClev

MattClev Member

That is really easy, haha. I almost didn't play it because I didn't think you could do that. Thanks a lot! You're a life saver!

4. jimzy

jimzy Member

I have completed Disc one and saved, when i put in disc two and go to load my savedata is not there.
    Anyone have a solution to this?

5. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Chances are, the Save ID for disc one is different than the one you have for disc two. If you downloaded the games, then this is almost a given. First, you have to figure out what the save ID is for your first disc.

To do this, hook up your PSP to your computer and, on your PSP's memory stick, go to PSP->SAVEDATA.

In this folder, you'll see more folders with random letters and numbers for each one's title. Open up each folder until the picture (or pictures) inside of that folder are the same as your Final Fantasy VII's picture. Then, write down the name of that folder (for example, mine is SCUS94163).

Then, download SIMPLE POPSTATION GUI v2.21 BETA. (<-Click to get to a download for it).

Open up Simple Popstation Gui and then click on browse. Select the EBOOT.PBP that you have for your second disc of Final Fantasy.

Once here, click on "Change Game Save and Game ID..."

Recall the letter/number combination you wrote down before. Under Game ID, make both the letters and the numbers the same as your Disc One:

[​IMG]
    (again, mine is SCUS 94163)

Click on "OK" and then click on "GO..."; it will patch the EBOOT.PBP for you and you should be set to continue playing!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  6. jimzy

jimzy Member

thx alot man and thx for the Link!
    This is really helpful