1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switched menus...

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by SlemSven, Feb 7, 2005.

1. SlemSven

SlemSven Member

Mmkay so I want to have a choose-clip menu where you select a clip and a thumbnail (or videoclip) of that particular clip is shown in a small preview frame.
    I've read this: http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/tutorial/switchmenu.html
    and got it to work, BUT... that technique involves creating a cloned menu for EVERY clip thumbnail you want.
    And the thing is I've got about 30 small clips or so that I want to be able to preview, and I'm also incredibly lazy so I think creating 30 separate menus would be a huge waste of time, space and nerves.

So my question is: Is there another way than the one described in the tutorial to make preview-thumbnails of clips? Like... "If clip4 is selected then show pic4.jpg"... I mean, there must be?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Just use the wizard to create your switched menus.
    There is really no other way.
    I have a tutorial on this as well (a little more comprehensive than the mediachance one).
    Look for it in the GUIDES section at www.videohelp.com (search for username reboot).

3. SlemSven

SlemSven Member

Okay, so I've got it all sorted out now.
    Got everything exactly the way I want but for these two things:
    1. The DVD doesn't work on all DVD players, I've tested 3 different and it only works on 2 of them, on the 3rd it only shows the two folders Audio and Video. Suppose I should be happy with a 66% succes ratio and suppose there really isn't any way to solve this? It's not very important anyways...

2. This is just annoying, and if it can't be solved, I'll just have to learn to live with it... But the menus, well, they're kinda slow. I'm using switched menus and it takes about 2 seconds to switch between them, making the menus feel a bit slow and amateurish :p. Any way to fix this or is this as good as it gets with DVDlab ?(not that it isn't a great program, the best and easiest I've tried) BTW sry for reviving this old post, but I thought it'd be a better idea than adding a new one :p.

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

It's got nothing to do with the way DVDLab outputs the menus. It's your players.
    Some, the switching it instantaneous, other's it takes a long time.
    As for not playing in the other player, make sure you read it's manual. It may not support -r, +r or whatever.