1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching 360 Drives

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by CAR8624, Jan 20, 2007.

1. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Recently my 360 Drive died. So I am buying another Xbox 360. But is it possible to buy another specific drive [samsung or hitachi] and replace the current drives? I am planning to play backups on my new 360 but the current drives [I think Philips] does not have any firmware hacks.

Is it possible? I know its possible to switch Hitachi with Samsung, but I'm not sure about Philips. Perhaps extracting the keys on Philips and putting it with the new replacement Hitachi/Samsung is the solution [and need help with this one too];

But the reason why I'm doing this because I used to play backups on my old 360 Drive [with the hacked firmware].

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

no im sorry to say the drive swap may get you banned off of live i would make sure from other sites that sell 360 cd drives that it works

3. modster

modster Regular member

First of all, you will not get ban from flashing your xbox 360 dvd drive. There has not been any proof or facts regarding this ban.

If you have your original key from your old dvd drive, then yes you can replace it with an identical one. I don't think you can replace it with a Hitachi for Samsung and vise versa.

It has to been identical.

cheers.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007