1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

switching drives on an unbanned console

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dsdavis6, Jul 18, 2007.

1. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

hi... so i have a banned hitachi 360... and i am about to buy a second hand 360 from my local game store... im hoping for another hitachi as they are really easy to flash... though they dont get updates as much it would seem (should i be hoping for a samsung) but if i do get a samsung could i switch the drives, so id have my easy to flash hitachi in the unbanned one for when ixtreme had updates... and the samsung in the banned woudnt be so bad as i could play dvd5 etc. or even if it was just one of the not so easy hitachi drives... could i make this switch?

2. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

you could make the switch but u r better off with the samsung, they are easyier to flash and they get all the new firmware before the hatachi

3. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

hope for the sammy dude!

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I'm in the minority here and say I like the Hitachi better. My first 360 was a Hitachi and I've owned 2 Samsung MS28 360's since. Seems to me the Hitachi was actually a little faster loading stuff. Or maybe I'm just fond of them because it was my 1st.

But in actual features with hacked firmware, hope for a Sammy MS28.

5. fgamer

fgamer Guest

You definitely wan't a Samsung MS28 because they're hard to ban and detect. My Hitachis were banned instantly during the time of the mass bannings but the Samsung MS28's were un-touched. But the Hitachi's have there own advantage of being very easy to flash..I wish I still had an Samsung but now I have 2 Hitachi's.

6. Fierro72

Fierro72 Member

Just to let you know, I've been doing alot of work on Xboxs lately and I have two Premiums and two Cores within the last month.

Both Premiums had Hitachi 78's.
    Both Cores had Samsung MS28's.

Coincidence? I dunno.

7. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I've flashed about 500 or so 360's, both premium and cores. Seems to me it's about equal in terms of Hitachi vs. Samsung.

8. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

i got an ms28... but reading about flashing it sounds kinda difficult... bad flash... de soldering... and i dont have a via chipset...

9. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

10. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

ah thanks for the link on the product but is there any particular guides you could reccomend? just seem to be struggling to find one that doesnt involve dismantling the drive, desoldering etc.... thanks again

11. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

here is the tutorial: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/464269

all u have to do is open up the console and connect sata wire, has no soldering or opening dvd drive.

follow the tutorial except use the lastest ixtreme 1.2 revision c for making your new hacked firmware.

12. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

thanks a lot for all your help im gona give it a try asa i have the card

13. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

btw btecomputers are trustable as i bought from them!

14. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

ah thanks for that but i already ordered one off ebay cos im in the uk and a lot of the time the sites seem to have high postage... thatnks sameways... so is there anything i can do about my hitachi, get it to play dvd-5 or anything? otherwise i may as well sell it

15. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

just wanted to say thanks again for all your help, my card came today, within 15 mins of installing i was on on the newly (successfully) flashed xbox 360 :) :) was so easy... i used an old memory stick pro duo for the booting lol. so is the hitachi thing not possible?

i found a site about spooffing but that was to replace a drive not just make it act completely different...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007