1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

switching drives to reflash bad drive???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by twisty1er, Feb 1, 2007.

1. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

Okay everyone I mest up my drive as I said in my other thread I can't disable the firmguard because the drive doesn't spin. I have a friend that has the Hitachi drive in his I have the samsung on my 360 and he doesn't mind me opening up because I fixed it once, it had the 3 red lights on it so its cool. What I want to know is if I put my firmware on his drive, and hook it up to my Xbox then disable the firmguard then switch the drive to the mest up one, would it work??? or how does the drive trick switch work I've read but nobody explains the exact procedure on the net??

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

If the firmware caused the drive to not spin then what does firmguard have to do with it?
    No matter what you do, it won't spin. If you turn your 360 on with this drive, what do you get?

Sounds to me like you have no firmware on your drive rather than an xtreme firmware causing the drive to not spin.

3. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

when I place my friends drive on the xbox 360 it boots up and spins then when I turn it off and put my drive in there the center light flashes green and doesn't stop
    keep in mind it is still connected to my pc the drvies I mean and power to the xbox